- Quinoa - 1/2 cup (Soaked overnight)
- Spelt flour - 1/2 cup *
- Organic free range eggs - 2 **
- Homemade organic yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- Drain and rinse quinoa well. Cook with 1/2 cup of water till almost done. Take care not to make it mushy. Let it cool a bit.
- Mix the flour with salt and baking soda.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, add yogurt and mix well.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Finally add the cooked quinoa and mix well.
- Heat a griddle and make pancakes.
- This makes about 8 small-medium pancakes.
- To make this a flexible breakfast, I make this without adding any sweetness or spices. For sweet breakfast, I serve them with raw honey and fresh fruits. For a savory version, I serve with fresh made guacamole or salsa.
* To Make gluten-free version:
- Replace the spelt flour with equal amount of sorghum(jowar) or rice flour.
** To make vegetarian version:
- Flax seeds - 2 Tbs (or chia seeds)
- Filtered water ~ 1/2 cup
- Powder flax seeds using a coffee grinder.
- Mix with water and set aside for 5 minutes to gel up.
- This will replace 2 eggs.